Saturday, July 01, 2006

Today was a rest day. Some of us wanted to go for a spin to keep the legs moving. Our spin turned out to be a ride to Strasbourg to see the Prologue. It was an 18 mile ride to the start area, so the distance was perfect for an easy spin.

My legs felt much better today. My behind however, is very sore. With yesterday’s flat stage, you sit on your behind and rest your weight on the saddle. Today I wanted to ride to see how I was doing. I realize my behind is still very sore. I will be getting off the saddle quite a bit tomorrow to ease the pain. I might even play with the seat position.

Once in Strasbourg, we had lunch in the downtown area. Strasbourg is a very nice historic area with a cathedral, cobbled, narrow roads, with open cafes everywhere. It was nice to have an easy day to ease into what is to come.

After lunch we went to the start of the Prologue. It was not as crowded as I would have expected. Probably with all the scandals, and favorites out, some people did not come out to see the event. After 20minutes or so, we had enough and we headed back to the hotel. Nice 35 mile ride for the day.















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home