Thursday, June 29, 2006

Got my bicycle this evening, during dinner, which is awesome. I will need it. We start tomorrow. I did not realize that today was going to be the day we would ride the prologue. But since four of us did not make it until late, we will ride it tomorrow, in combination with Stage 1.

Dinner was great. I can tell I am in France, when the waiter announces each dish, mentioning the peculiarities of it. I can pick up a few words here and there, and he always finishes with "c'est tres bon" and so far he has not disapointed. The desserts were awesome.



We had our welcome talks and now I know for sure I am in for a cycling treat. These guys have done this for professional teams, so they know their stuff. The soigneurs go over the color coded waterbottles, the snacks, the meals and when we will have them.





The mechanic is there explaining the routine of when to mention to him about mechanicals (as soon as you arrive to the new town, or during dinner; never in the morning when it is time to ride). So as soon as dinner was done, I was with him making sure the bycicle was all dialed in.



Also, Joe Tonon the organizer goes over the route and itinerary. It all seems so casual I keep taking it in stride. Finally, as I get ready for bed I realize tomorrow is 190km, 120 miles almost.

Hopefully I can sleep. I am getting my second wind, being that it is only 5:15PM in Washington.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betito,
I am impressed. You made it as well as your bike. It looks like you knew what you were getting into. I realize now how much you like your cycling (or you like pain). I can't wait to hear more about your adventures. Keep on riding,
Roxana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home