Monday, June 26, 2006

Almost everything is ready for the trip. Finished packing the bike over the weekend (decided to take the Scott) and now going over the checklist of clothing to take.

A more interesting checklist is to go through the preparation leading up to the event. Hills ... check, intervals .... check, rest ... check, time on the saddle .... check. When I look back at the training, adjustments in schedule and daily routine, it is a bit overwhelming. I can see I was definitely motivated for this one.

But the planning and training is done; it is time to concentrate on the event itself. I feel prepared and luckily, injury free. I was very concerned about overuse injuries. But other than the usual soreness aches and pains, I am pretty sure I am fine.

I watched "Hell on Wheels" one more time yesterday to get into the spirit of the event. I love that documentary. It gives one a behind the scenes perpspective of Tour de France and what the riders go through. Granted I will not be racing the event, I think the suffering in the mountains will be similar.

Anyway, I leave for France on Wednesday, so expect some live posts soon. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I will have wi-fi at most hotels I will be staying at. So, assuming I have enough energy to type, I should be able to post updates often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home