Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My team bike arrived today. It is a Scott CR1 machine. Yes, as part of this tour, we are going to be given brand new team bikes, team uniforms, the whole bit. We are not messing around here, this is top quality stuff, and the bike is no different. From those of you into cycling, you know this Scott CR1 is a sweet ride, and very light. My worry right now is the fit and time to get adjusted to a new bike. We are only two weeks from the trip. So this is a bit stressful, take this brand new bike, or take my own. On the one hand, my bike fits like a dream, but what if I have issues out there, would they have replacement parts for it. With the Scott, they will have spare stuff, etc. So from a logistics perspective, the Scott is the way to go.

So, right after the UPS guy left, I quickly set it up on the stand and started assembling it to get it out for a spin.

Ahh riding a new bike. Nothing creaks, no noise, it was great. The Scott is a much more conventional geometry compared to the Specialized Tarmac that I own. The Scott is closer to the Eddy Merckx road bike I used before, and still use for winter commuting. So it was OK as the fit goes. I took it for a quick spin to test it out and was pleasantly surprised that I was able to ride it OK for a couple of hours.

Tomorrow I will take it for a longer ride, and this weekend I will put even more serious miles on it. Hopefully by Sunday I should be able to make a decision; take the new Scott the tour company sent me, or take my own bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home