Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Stage 4 went from Huy to Saint-Quentin. After breakfast and laundry pickup, I saw the team leave towards the start of the stage.







It was disappointing not being able to join the team. But I need to look at the big picture here, I want to get to Paris, not abandon before I leave the flat stages!

So I drive on Van No 1 towards the next start town, Beauvais. It is hot everywhere in France it seems. It took 4 hours to get here by car. With a few stops here and there for errands they need to run, we got here at 4PM.

On the way, we stopped for lunch at Compiegne. I was excited to see the main square. For those of you cycling fans, you know this is the start of Paris-Roubaix in the spring. Compiegne has a beautiful downtown area with little streets and shops. It was fitting to have lunch here.



I get to Beauvais finally at 4PM and the temperature is in the nineties. I go to the pool, feeling like a total slacker. Force myself to be there for 20 or so minutes to soak my injury. Then I treat it and let it dry. It seems better. Maybe it is wishful thinking, but I can use all the positive energy I can muster.

I am staring at my bike, knowing that I have get out and test the saddles. I am hoping that the day of rest, a different saddle and some bandages will do the trick. I will have some idea today, but I will not know for sure until I ride a full stage tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home