Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Final mountain stage done. The last hc climb took everything out of me. No energy left. Felt great in the morning when we started but towards the middle of the day about 5 hrs riding time my stomach was cramping. Not sure is if was the heat or something I ate but I was fealing weaker and weaker. After the last cat 1 climb, I decided to stop at the top and wait for a couple other riders that were riding behind and ride with them. That wouuld give me time to rest and eat some more. But that did not help either. When the hc climb came,I wanted to finish it so I gutted it out. I had to stop a couple of times to catch me breath. It took forever but it is done.

Another 9 and half hours of hard riding. Anyway, I know I can climb now.

I am ready to move to the flatter stages.

1 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alberto.,
We have been reading your blog and it has been very inspiring indeed. Hope you enjoy (if I can say that after these grueling stages) the next three stages reflecting on what you have achieved. Ride ON..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home